發新話題
打印

美國海軍

引用:
原帖由 wonglk 於 22-9-2007 08:07 發表

usmc係無醫務兵,全部醫務兵都係來自u.s.navy!!
由2戰到現在都是這樣!
Yes, 100% correct.  However, they're not being called as "Medic", they're called "Corpsman".  That's the Navy terminology.  All Corpsman "attached" to the Marines are to wear MARPAT with US NAVY branch identifier.  They train with the Marines and they fight alongside with the marines.

The reason for that is because the U.S.Marines are actually a department of the U.S.Navy, they "Share" some of their units with the Marines.

MOS 8404

When I graduated from High School in the U.S., I wanted to be a Marines, so I went to the local USMC recruiter and sign up.  When I was asked which MOS I want, I said I want to be a medic.  The recruiter was pissed off because there is no such MOS in the Marines, only the Navy, and there he corrected me that only the Army call their medic as "Medic".  The Navy and the Marines called theirs as Corpsman.

Corpsman as in "men serves in the Hospital Corps", like Postman as in "men serves at the post office).

Sir, No Sir

No, I ended up with the Marines, but I quit half way, the recruiter lied a few things about my contract, and there are a lot of things that is not as portrait in movies and many other propaganda material.

In basic training, there are a lot of "Brain washing".  I understand it's necessary to be brainwashed (they call it "indoctrination").  I didn't think the training was hard, I run and go to gym religiously before I joined, so the physical training was easy.  It's the constant brainwashing that I can't stand, they lie to you about everything, teach you 'their version' of history, telling you USMC never lose a battle, etc.  I ain't stupid, just don't being lie to.

A lots of stuff: M16A2, obstacle course, a lot of PT (Physical Training), a lot of military study, history about the marines, military standards, military laws (USMJ), hand to hand combat, bayonet training, Drills (matching), etc.

Brainwashing aside, I think it's great training.  It trains a civilian how to live properly.  I used to get up pass 12pm, sleeps at 4am.  My life is a mess, zero organization, very inefficient.  Military trains a person to live efficiently, I learned to fold my bed, clean my barrack, get myself ready to go in less than 10 mins.  I do things a lot faster and waste less time and energy than I do as a civilian.  I get up at 0330 and go to bed at 2000, I get more sleep than I do when I am a civilian.  Very motivated and full of energy, which I like very much.

發新話題