皇家海軍有新玩具???

引用:
原帖由 auxair 於 2-4-2008 01:24 發表
晒氣啦 RN冇錢又冇人, 復條毛就有

++++

what is this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Que ... ss_aircraft_carrier

復條毛?
i don't deny these are very capable equipments, but new generation of aircraft carrier does not mean it is going to 復興 the royal navy again. even the first sea lord admitted that these ships are designed to integrate with the US navy, so where the hell is the pride if the navy is pseudo subordinate to the US navy?

lets face it, RN has been in steady decline since WWII, main cause is the constraint in government defense budget, but also the steady decline in number of people willing to join the armed forces.  

they plan to have two new CVs, but experience tells that by the time one is almost ready, the second one will be canceled due to budget concerns.
Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely

引用:
原帖由 皇家御貓 於 2-4-2008 01:27 發表

有裝備都未夠....缺乏人才先係重點....

你睇台灣就知...裝備唔差但根本就無人識得發揮運用....
ROCN點同RN比.....ROCN用既9成係二手野/次一等貨式

MF

Now that the Cold War era is gone, except for the PLA Navy and Indian Navy, all navies are now just a shadow of their former glory, even the US Navy.

Comments analytical and fact based wil certainly bring in higher quality discussions and  better than remarks such as  復條毛就有, especially when you are 版主, who should set a good example for the rest to engage in logical and educated discussions.

I wonder what is in the mind of the planners of UK naval strategy - I can imagine how the old "Invincible" class carriers would fit into the scheme of Cold War NATO war plan, taking an ASW role agains Soviet subs, but how would UK Carrier Battle Groups fit into modern US naval strategy?

[ 本帖最後由 auxair 於 2-4-2008 13:57 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 auxair 於 2-4-2008 08:53 發表
MF

Now that the Cold War era is gone, except for the PLA Navy and Indian Navy, all navies are now just a shadow of their former glory, even the US Navy.

Comments analytical and fact based w ...
man you need some sense of humour!!!

by the way if i didn't make that comment would this discussion be initiated? look on the bright side!!

i am no expert on naval strategy, i don't know how exactly this is going to integrate with the US navy but the evidence is clear
引用:
Admiral Sir Alan West former First Sea Lord giving evidence in the House of Commons

(for a) deep strike package, we have done …quite detailed calculations and we have come out with the figure of 36 joint strike fighters …that is the thing that has made us arrive at that size of deck and that size of ship, to enable that to happen.

I have talked with the CNO (Chief of Naval Operations) in America. He is very keen for us to get these because he sees us slotting in with his carrier groups. He really wants us to have these, but he wants us to have the same sort of clout as one of their carriers.
I have been living in the UK for the past 8 years, and one thing that I understand of this country very clear is the pace that things are done. The carriers were first proposed in 1998, that has been 10 years and procurement for the steel has just only started. With this way of doing things, how is UK going to 復興? That is why I said 復條毛, of course I am not going to leave it like that, this is just a way of initiating discussions.

其實英國海軍實力真係"條毛咁", 先睇以前福島戰爭, 須要徵用商船始可成行, 英海軍實力, 比以前實在差得遠....."復興"實在談何容易!
又其實我地"廣東人"(多數香港人係)談話直接, 通俗, 用"條毛"形容"No Good"係幾貼切...而且, 在此我地志在清談, 不須太過認真.....
英國人做事比較慢係事實, 但英海軍實力, 我相信"百足之虫", 都好過好多其他國家既!

[ 本帖最後由 jwlchan 於 2-4-2008 13:09 編輯 ]
井底之蛙, 啋你都傻!

引用:
原帖由 MF 於 2-4-2008 02:57 發表

ROCN點同RN比.....ROCN用既9成係二手野/次一等貨式
你咁講令在下諗起.........

HMS Illustrious  泊住艘 CVN,,頓時縮水,,成架USMC個d  兩棲攻擊艦(LHD)咁一樣.............

復興!?!?有機會既........|)

[ 本帖最後由 derek_lok 於 2-4-2008 19:54 編輯 ]

As I remember a year before, there are 80% of sailors in the RN don't know how to swim. Does the situation is the same as before? If this is the case, no matter how upgrade on the naval technology, it still can't bring back the sun for the empire.

There is not a requirement for the members in the Royal Navy know how to swim....as far as I know. However, when I was in the Army we have swimming test each year!
井底之蛙, 啋你都傻!

23 12
發新話題