在各式典禮的預演期間, gsm話晒事呢.
三粒通常做行政, 管理車隊, 後勤, 聯絡, 2ic....老防的二粒都唔多鍾意升上去,
因為要離開自己的排, 無得去帶隊, 即係少左好多野玩!

引用:
原帖由 tango10 於 17-12-2007 01:14 發表

在各式典禮的預演期間, gsm話晒事呢.
三粒通常做行政, 管理車隊, 後勤, 聯絡, 2ic....老防的二粒都唔多鍾意升上去,
因為要離開自己的排, 無得去帶隊, 即係少左好多野玩!
I am sorry to say that I disagree with your comment....

Wo2 is Warrant Officer Class 2 as rank in the British Army, RQMS is Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant as an appointment, and CSM is Company Sergeant Major as an appointment again.

CSM would be the one who in charge the company and in the absent of the CSM RQMS or CQMS would be stand in as CSM.

Captain is Officer in the British Army and higher rank then a CSM but if there is anything to do with the company a Captain would normally listen to the CSM advice.

In the Drill square, CSM would be in charge but not a Captain.

Furthermore, I could not see there is any difference to a 2 Pips or a 3 Pips in the Britsih Army.

引用:
原帖由 jwlchan 於 17-12-2007 10:12 發表
Furthermore, I could not see there is any difference to a 2 Pips or a 3 Pips in the Britsih Army.
This is a good subject for discussion but will certainly evoke a lot of emotional remarks

I will come back later this evening.

Responding to jwlchan, in the British Army and the Armies of most Commonwealth countries (Australia, Canada, NZ, even India and Pakistan), 2 pips (Lt) is  normally a platoon/troop commander, whereas a 3 pips (Capt) is normally a Second-in-Command of Company/Squadron/Battery, an adjutant in a Battalion/(Cavalry) Regiment, or a grade 3 staff officer (SO3) in an HQ formation, so there is a very real difference in status and authority between a two piper and a three piper.

In most other non-commonwealth countries (US, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, France), an army captain is a conpany commander, so one may say in those armies a captain has slightly more authority than a captain in the British or Commonwalth Armies.

引用:
原帖由 auxair 於 17-12-2007 03:15 發表

This is a good subject for discussion but will certainly evoke a lot of emotional remarks

I will come back later this evening.

Responding to jwlchan, in the British Army and the ...
I agreed with you in certain degree....

As I have been in the British Army for many years but not experience with the other Army Service so I only could say about what I know. This also applies to the RHKR on the old day.

Yes, in the Infantry a 1 or 2 pips officer could be the Platoon Commander in the support by a Senior NCO and Captain could be QM, 2IC, Adjutant, OC or SO3. However, it also could be the rank of Major to do the same job.

In the Corps Unit or Support Troops then 2 pips or 3 pips or a Major do not make much difference as they could do the same job but with difference rank. I also see 2 pips to be Admin Officer and or OC in some unit during my 22 years service with the British Army.

By the way, I also see Lt as SO3 and Maj as SO3 as well.

[ 本帖最後由 jwlchan 於 17-12-2007 12:15 編輯 ]

吹水精神!一人一句,好,好,好.
尊重人格, 請勿抄習

Dear jwlcan sze hing - thanks for sharing your experience. A Maj/Lt Cdr/Sqn Ldr serving in a staff position would normally be titled as  SO2....anyway...just my recollection...you are from the Army so you are the expert... I am not

[ 本帖最後由 auxair 於 17-12-2007 20:31 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 auxair 於 17-12-2007 12:28 發表
Dear jwlcan sze hing - thanks for sharing your experience. A Maj/Lt Cdr/Sqn Ldr serving in a staff position would normally be titled as  SO2....anyway...just my recollection...you are from the Ar ...
My apologies, I left the Army for so long (14 years) and this is my mistake, Senior Officer with the Rank of Major should be SO2 not SO3.

the answer is : Wo2 CSM 最大

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

引用:
原帖由 Chairman 於 25-12-2007 18:00 發表
I understand that in the absence of the RSM, the RQMS would take charge of the drill square not the CSM. Since RQMSis a senior appointment than the CSM.

RQMS is a WO2 senior appointment
CS ...
RQMS (Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant) normal duty is to in charge of the QM Store. In the absence of the RSM he should be stand in for the RSM  as CSM do have his own duties.

I left the Army for too long now and do not have the Queens Reg on hand so I could not tell you if RQMS is more senior then the CSM or not.

MSWong was CSM and also RQMS before so he could be the best person to answer this.

[ 本帖最後由 jwlchan 於 25-12-2007 19:56 編輯 ]

After I check further, the problem I do not have the QR on hand so could not tell you the seniority in between the CSM and RQMS. However, it sure that CSM is the man in charge of the company.
RQMS may be senior then CSM by appointment as he do stand in for RSM in his absence. Do you have any reference to support this point or not?
However, I do not think the RQMS and or CSM would show or proof who is more senior to each others in a Unit. I was a Staff Sergeant and if the CQMS come to me to tell me he is more senior I shall tell him to go away! I will not be CQMS as simply as my appointment was Instructor.:x

[ 本帖最後由 jwlchan 於 25-12-2007 21:32 編輯 ]

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

引用:
原帖由 Chairman 於 26-12-2007 02:27 發表

Yes I have because I was on a parade lead by the RQMS once due to the absence of the RSM.
This is only the way your unit....although normally RQMS would stand in for the RSM....However, we need to check is that if the RQMS is secior then the CSM, this should be clearly listed on the QRs.

As I understand MSWong was CSM but he normally stand in for the RSM in his absent and the RQMS is not. Same again, this was the decision from his unit only.

22 12
發新話題