發新話題
打印

Dragon Skin SUCKS!!!!!!!!

回覆 #1 AJM 的帖子

um... hey dude... did you see how many rounds that vest took? a grenade blew up right underneath the vest?

you normally put a steel plate underneath cause kevlar isn't enough, and those won't take half of those rounds... not even 1/10 of the bullets that had been fired......what makes you think that dragon skin users even have to use a steel plate?
alright, let me ask you, how heavy is a dragon skin vest? i personally know guys who are in iraq using dragon skin, it's good stuff and everyone overseas wants to get their hands on it!

TELL ME THAT STUFF SUCKS! i'd rather take the word of someone over in iraq who's had experience with dragon skin than someone who reads their catalogues and comes up with his own conclusion.

回覆 #4 AJM 的帖子

alright, sure the US militray doesn't have contracts with them, but neither do they have contracts with half the crap US soldiers use out on the field.
USGI GPS systems suck balls, eats battery and all... lots of soldiers buy their own GPS systems.
soldiers generally prefer Glocks and 1911's in Iraq, but what do they use? Beretta's.
even if you have a pistol, if you don't have the ranks or clearance, you wouldn't get to bring it.
GI boots suck dick as well. commercial combat boots are much more preferred than GI boots.

if the US government doesn't contract it, it doesn't mean it's bad, sometimes it's too EXPENSIVE to buy for the US f-ing Army. this isn't a group of mercenaries, it's a bunch of guys in the US Armed Forces.

yeah sure, dragon skin's nice, and it keeps you bulletproof, but to contract it would mean that they'd have to get one per soldier, i'm pretty sure the guys in the congress would love to give you 50million for new body armour to replace the 2 year old designs.

i konw for a fact that everyone wants dragon skin over in iraq, but the US military regulates stuff like that real real real bad, plus they're expensive to come by and hard to get orders put down to begin with

回覆 #18 WAIKO01 的帖子

that looks COOL!!!
but it looks hot and steamy... all your sweat trapped inside... would be pretty disgusting

回覆 #29 AJM 的帖子

ok, well, perhaps you've done more research on the governmental reports than i have, but here i'll just speak from what i've heard a very very general opinion: the guys love dragon skin

now what the government reports, i guess you know better than i do, but i'm still gonna have to stick to the fact that i've heard everyone talk about how much they want that stuff, and that troop reviews give it an A++

and to the other guy...
a 7.62x51 bullet is generally 168gn
while a .50BMG is usually 649gn or 750gn
are you serious on making body armour for that?

回覆 #34 sunny 的帖子

well yah, exactly, i mean, according to US regulations (in their law books), you're not even supposed to shoot the .50BMG sniper rifles at people.. it's not considered an anti personnel weapon... thechnically

why would you want kevlar that'd stop a round designed to shoot through tanks? well, sure i'd like that too if it didn't weigh more than i did

引用:
原帖由 死肥仔 於 16-3-2007 12:38 發表

gn好似係火藥份量~
500gn=1安士
yeah, it's used to measure the weight of the powder and the bullet
you have to get pretty precise when you're doing precision shooting. bullet deviations have to be less than .1grain sometimes

發新話題